Sunday, May 1, 2016

Selectmen low balling the Fire Chief?
Looking at the salary figure presented by the Town Administrator and selectmen, you might think so.
The revised 2016 budget shows a salary of $64,492.00. This is a contract year for the chief, which means his salary is also open to negotiation. Both the Town Administrator and selectmen have offered a salary for the coming year at $64,246.00, less than last year? How are they going to negotiate with such a low number? The Fire Chief asked for a starting figure at $85,000.00 per year. Looks to me that the selectmen do not wish to bring back Chief LaPorte. Why is that? Who do they intend to replace him with? No conspiracy here, just facts n figures and a question? It is kind of hard to negotiate up with such a low number.
Jeff Bennett
P.S. Selectmen Brooks reads my blog, she told me so and has asked me several questions on some of my posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment