Sunday, May 1, 2016

The spending of public money.

Teachers are paid and Town employees are paid and they are paid with public funds. So does that make it public information? I wonder if all selectmen feel it is correct for residents to know what they are paying their employees? Should parents know what the teachers earn? I happen to think people have a right to know where the millions of dollars they provide go. Simple as that, and if you are against that, then you are against transparency. You are against open government. A good question to be asked at the very next meeting of the selectmen. Are you all in favor of open government?  Is it the business of the people to know what they are paying their employees? John Columbus will probably tell me the campaign is over then say I am out of order then send me packing by teling me I am out of order and I have to go.

Jeff Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment