Sunday, May 1, 2016

Mistakes and actions of the past are coming home to roost. With some 47 transfer articles for various Annual and Special town meetings in 12 months, more questions of money management have to be at least thought of again. Transfer $27,000.00 to pay for another audit and the Town Administrator did give to the Advisory Board a request concerning a sum of money from the reserve fund under watch by the Advisory Board. Too many transfers to feel money is being managed correctly.Required reports missing and who made that decision, questionable practices at select board meetings, incorrect information being put out at selectmen meetings. Different people and same results, not enough funds to operate the Town and/or funds not being applied correctly. New Coordinator/Administrator, new selectmen, accountant, treasurer, deputy assessor and here we are with same results. Could it be the approach, attitude or a lack of funds applied properly or smartly? Telling all that everything is well and we all get along because we have amazing employees is not the answer, is not going to fix anything and is in my opinion, a disservice to the Town residents.

Jeff Bennett

All posts on this page are by me, most are facts with documents included and a few are questions or opinions that I arrive at or ask based on documents or by attending meetings. Regardless of what happens at election, I am back, I am here and I am not going anywhere. In fact I intend to be an even bigger pain in the ass to elected officials than before. I have a few surprises in store for them as well. I am also now on face book under Jeff Bennett. I do not post photos of my boy and best friend, my 13 yr old Beagle Devil Dog or things like I am overwhelmed or another late night in the office or other trivial stuff. I post the same kind of material there as I do here, I am trying to use this "new" tech stuff to try and improve things, inform people of things and perhaps make a difference. I am only at 3,958 views here but not bad for a blog only around for a dew months that I never really advertised but have pretty much let people find it and there is at least one selectmen who have found it. Same with face book page. 

Bennett

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:55 PM

    there is 28,000 for audits in the FY16 budget. The Audits have not begun and will most likely take the next 2 months to complete. Use this money. I do not see that the Audit firm will audit FY14 & 15 at the same time as doing FY13. FY13 to me has to be completed before starting the Audit for FY14 and then go on to FY15

    ReplyDelete