Friday, March 29, 2024

 I made a deal with Bear, involving time and food, so he let me off the leash. I have taken out nomination papers for the position of selectman. Since Sunday is Easter, I will be out this afternoon and all day Saturday asking people to sign my papers. Signing does not mean you have to vote for me, it just gets my name on the ballot and then it is all up to voters. Thursday, March 28, when I took out papers, there was only me and current selectman Richard trying for the one spot on the ballot for the select board. I hope to give the voters another choice besides Richard or blank. There is always the possibility of a write in candidate as well. I hate having to bother people to ask them if they would sign a paper, but over the years, I have met many cool pups and a few cats, cats always seem leerier than pups for some reason.

4 comments:

  1. For a minute I thought I'd have a chance to vote for Bear, but then I realized He's to smart for that.............

    Jeff, I have one question to ask before I commit myself. If you'd prefer to not to answer in Public I understand, but I am going to ask it here!

    Do you intend to read, follow and support staying within the guidelines given to you in the form of Policies, Procedures, bylaws and MGL in fulfilling your duties on the Board of Selectman to the best of your ability?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will do my best to do just that, after all, if policies are not to be followed, toss them out. Bylaws are orders from voters and if you look at town organizational chart in budget book, voters are at the top. State laws, well, usually if one fails to follow them, you get fined or end up in grey bar hotel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's obvious to anyone who has been watching any of the Selectboard meetings that the present staffing of the Selectboard has never even read the policies, procedures or bylaws of the town. From the Chairman on down the entire group is Chaotic.

    Thanks Jeff, I appreciate you putting forward your time and effort. Mostly I thank Bear as He is the one giving up Ball time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Citizen9:27 AM

    Oh thank God, you’re stepping into the ring again! You did a great job citizen comments, keeping them in check, but you know how far that goes. Now you’ll be back inside to make sure these idiots follow up policies and procedures which it took an oath to do, they are all tyrants and they are led by an idiot and two TA’s that don’t equal one. We need to see more of your signs around town so people vote for the right choice and get Julie out. Now that the scout hall scam is coming to an end she can hang out there and be the door, Greeter like at Walmart. Maybe they’ll get her a nice vest that saysTempleton Scout hall greeter how may I help you SCREW TEMPLETON CITIZENS? Time to drain the swamp. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete