Saturday, March 25, 2017

Now, about those shortfalls regarding the school:

Email received last year when I was asking questions concerning the school project.

From: "Alix, Timothy" <Tim.Alix@colliers.com>
Date: March 2, 2016 at 7:37:05 PM EST
To: Diane Haley Brooks <1tuesdaygirl@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: MSBA Information

This email seems to indicate that a secretary in the selectmen's office was doing the work on the records of the new school, rather than the treasurer. It also seems to indicate that the town accountant and treasurer "will be aware of what is getting reimbursed electronically and can have access to the propay system at any time to take a look at the status."

So, at least one member of the board of selectmen was aware of this strange arrangement of a secretary rather than the treasurer entering information on town debt, The debt exclusion for feasibility study and design, totaling $1,050,000.00. Still this was allowed to happen and now there is a shortfall in both items of over one million dollars.

posted by Jeff Bennett

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding me right now? I spoke of this at several meetings and then I made a motion for it to go to the treasurer and for the MSBA training to be completed by September of last year. I made clear to the TA and at board meetings and at a finance meeting that the Selectman's office should NOT be processing propay and it was the job of the treasurer. Please go back and look at minutes or meetings. The MSBA training was not done until later than we voted and I believe it's still being processed in the Selectman's office. I have spoken to Carter and also made him aware of the vote. Stop throwing shade my way Jeff, it's not necessary and it's not warranted. I have spoken up, sent emails and the day to day operations befalls the TA. I will be sure to bring it up once again and ensure it's with the Treasurer at this time.

    ReplyDelete