Thursday, April 11, 2019

On the Templeton Town website, there is a document concerning the Economic Development Industrial Corporation. While reading it over, I found it referenced two Massachusetts General Laws, chapter 121C and chapter 30A, section 11A. Upon looking up chapter 30A, section 11A, I found that section (11A) had been repealed in 2009. Upon showing this discrepancy to the Town Administrator last evening, he informed me that when the board of selectmen approved that document, they only looked at chapter 121C. Hopefully that document will be corrected quickly and will reference correct information. I also hope they contact the Massachusetts Attorney General to inform them of this mess regarding at least one state law on the books. I have to wonder who actually vetted that document and what else has been approved by this board of selectmen that might be less than correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment