Sunday, July 9, 2017

To Kimber;

I would think a place to go to "lecture" people on behavior would be a selectmen meeting, with the newest member of the BOS tweeting "I am honored to be called Joseph Stalin by my favorite committee of sleuths, felons, crybabies and nutcases." First, ask Mr. Fortes  what is your favorite committee, and who do you refer to in that tweet? Who are the slueths, felons, crybabies and nutcases?
Then, if you are able, check out the face book page of selectmen Brooks. She has a few and one she has called her personal page, but as she recently stated at a selectmen's meeting that when you are an elected or appointed official, when you speak, you are speaking on behalf of the Town, that is how people take that. I have paraphrased her exact words and would have to watch the meetings again to have exact wording but I am confident I am on the mark. Ask her why she has settings on that one face book page so certain people cannot read what she posts? If it is as she stated, when you are a town official, you speak on behalf of the town, what is she posting on that face book page that she does not want certain people to see. Could it be calling a president of the united states an idiot, a liar or an azzhole? (no, I am not claiming selectmen Brooks wrote that, I am merely posing a question on possible reasons to exclude some from reading face book postings) I mean what can one post on face book that you want certain people not to see? My face book page is wide open, anyone can read it all, nothing to hide.

As for financial information, you may have to make public records requests. This Sunday morning, I cannot find the budget document for fiscal 2018 on the Templeton town website. You can see where some of your money is spent by looking under the board of selectmen, contracts and agreements.

I will also post some links here for your viewing pleasure on town finance, starting with the report of the Advisory Committee as submitted for the 2016 Templeton annual report.

If you can attend, please come to an Advisory Committee meeting, you may find them boring because we do not waste valuable time on what is this blog or that one or what is on face book or twitter. Advisory does not waste time on those things. That is unless they come to the Committee by way of an open meeting law complaint and even then, most likely, only the actual complaint will be dealt with and no time crying about what is on a blog, face book or twitter concerning any member or even the committee itself. That has been my experience for almost two years on Advisory. The drama is for the selectmen.

posted by Jeff Bennett

1 comment:

  1. Jeff, I did not mean to come off as "lecturing" as you say and I am truly sorry if it came off that way. I have let Diane know that I find this behavior of the Selectman uncalled for as well and may have even posted on her Facebook page (can't remember as I do memory issues). I have been watching all meetings online and even have been watching past meeting for the past few years so I can get caught up on the history on what has been going on in this town.

    Thank you posting the links you have and I will definitely take a look at those as I want to get as much information as I can and be fully informed with everything that I happening.

    Again, I am sorry if it seemed like I was lecturing I just hate to see grown adult treat each other the way the 2 board have been treating each other at meetings and on these blogs and in emails that everyone as been receiving. You all do this because you love this town and you do it for no pay and I commend you all for this and am truly glad to have you all fighting for this town so hard.

    ReplyDelete