Thursday, July 6, 2017

Freedom of the press in the United States is protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. This amendment is generally understood to prevent the government from interfering with the distribution of information and opinions.



The distribution of information and opinions, such as calling the board of selectmen say the liars club or board of fools, the selectmen may not like it, but it is the law of the land, just like burning the American flag. I do not like that but we have a document outlining our rights and the courts have ruled that is one of them. The Templeton selectmen seem to want to limit what can be said and distributed, especially by them. One would think that may be strange coming from a board of selectmen led by a former military guy. However, if you think about it, that is exactly how the military is run. They limit what you can say and post, especially about the military. Sorry that the selectmen do not like me or what information I distribute or how I do it or how I state it, too bad, it is my right as an American citizen.




posted by Jeff Bennett

3 comments:

  1. It is hard to understand how someone can fight for the right of free speech, then turn around to prevent a citizen from using that right. I am not in anyone's army. Never signed up! I am not guilty of insorbordenation ! I am working for all of the citizens of my town, and wish to do so, with out interference. Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:37 AM

    Typical tactics of supposed Progressives. Stifle dissent. A very public discussion of local events is clearly not a secretive deliberation among committee members.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is too bad that our BOS members did not ask for or acknowledge the great wealth of experience many of the people in this community would have gladly shared. To spend money the community did not have, in re-eventing the wheel, made no sense at all.

      Delete