Friday, June 30, 2017

So if you check out some history, the Massachusetts Attorney General approved members of the Advisory Board/Committee as "special municipal employees" whatever the intention of that was and if that has never been rescinded, well, I may have to investigate using my MCAD (Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination) training to good use. Being over 45 (60 yrs old) being a Veteran, I am feeling I am being picked on by our BOS (along with trying to limit my free speech rights and to deny the publication of public information) I will have to look down that road.

Unlike someone else, I will not shut this blog down because someone does not like it. No political buy off here. No freebies buy off here, no "be a good little employee" here. The publication of material having to do with our government and the right to criticize that government in many ways is too important. I would hope someone who is serving Templeton by way of an elected position would understand and remember that as they may read a part of the United States Declaration of Independence around the 4th of July.

posted by Jeff Bennett

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:13 AM

    It's a sad mindset that attempts to fight the concept of government out in the open by attempting to misuse the law to prevent citizens from airing public business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Pauly would be besides himself if he thought his blog was going to be shut down because the Superior board does not approve of the right to be criticed by members of the community. I have never sent a e-mail to Diane, or any other BOS member. Pauly started his blog to give the community a place to air differences of opinion. There was a need for that function then, as there is one now. Bev.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:52 AM

    I doubt Pauly would be proud of the present blog. Better to shut it down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be absolutely honest about it I don't even remember what I wrote on the Paulys Blog last night, but it probably wasn't to complimentary. I haven't had to deal with half truths be hurled around without the ability to call Bullshit out load to the offending party. It's not something I'm good at as evidenced last night and I left.

    Government needs to be checked by the people and when government is fearful of transparency, you really need to ask why. Is it incompetence or something worse they are trying to hide? Honest interaction doesn't happen in the shadows.

    I mean, can you imagine the nerve of Wil. He wanted information about an item being voted on to be made public to people watching, you know, taxpayers. Carter seemed to think that was just to much and felt the need to show his arse again.

    What am I saying, dont I understand. The true problems in Templeton are the Blogs. If only we could get them shut down, man, wouldn't that be great? Then we could eliminate the Advisory Board and it would be smooth sailing right into the rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robert May’s loud departure from the room and comments that followed, that selectmen called for a 10-minute recess to “cool off.”

    Load departure from the room?? Pretty sure I got up, said excuse me to the guy next to me and once I could lift my eyes and not trip on someone feet I turned, said.. "This is disgraceful, while motioning the "all inclusive" nature of my comment to the entire BOS/TA and left.


    I'm so happy I made the paper as a citizen, but the G-Vegas News didn't think a Public Official (TA) making a sarcastic response to Wilfred Spring was worth a comment?

    Maybe the Gardner News doesn't realize that If I'm not talking about something within my Jurisdiction or attending an Official function I am Taxpayer Robert May attending an Open Meeting of the BOS. I was not in any capacity representing myself as an Advisory Committee member. The complaints I filed were as an Individual. I didn't require moral support and 2 meetings, to file my complaints. I guess I'm just more efficient than the BOS members even though I have 4 weeks experience..........My intent was just different, not political.

    ReplyDelete