Thursday, June 8, 2017


Good Day:

First, as a reminder, I do have a prior commitment for this evening and may not be able to be in attendance to discuss the two transfer requests.  I am hopeful that, if I cannot be in attendance, the written explanations provided previously were satisfactory.

Second, I am in the midst of trying to schedule a meeting with DOR to review and discuss their concerns and expectations for the Town in closing out FY ’17, going into FY ’18 and beyond.  The tentative date(s) are June 28 or June 29, at 6:30 p.m. Please ask you members to keep those dates open and I’ll confirm with all involved as soon as I can.

Third, you may have missed it in my email of 05/30 but I had asked that you kindly let me have the contact info for your new members that I might include them in future transmissions.  I would ask again for that information as I was not able to include them in this transmission.

Finally, I have included some materials with respect to the Special Financial Edition we are now preparing to send to the printers.  The first is the DRAFT letter from the BoS.  Subject to revisions, they will act upon this on 06/12.  The second is the revised report of the Advisory Committee to correct the poor edit contained in the Annual Report and include the year end transfers.  As I told you before, we reserve the right to edit materials for clarity and to control printing costs.  As you can see, once revised for format and only those transfers approved, this has gone from eight pages to two while preserving all of the required material.  I am - of course - open to correcting any typos or factual errors that you notice so do please let me know ASAP. 

I have put copies of this material in the mailbox here at Town Hall for you.

Many Thanks

Carter Terenzini
Interim Town Administrator
Town of Templeton
160 Patriots Road
East Templeton, MA 01438
(978) 894-2753


posted by Jeff Bennett

1 comment:

  1. I do hope that the list of employees and what they earn for wages is included in the "final edition". For 250 years we have had that information listed, until someone decided that it was no ones business, even though the taxpayers pay the bills.

    ReplyDelete