Friday, January 20, 2017

from
 "A guide to financial management for town officials" book published by the division of local services.
WHAT ARE THE BASIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE?
 
The primary duties of a finance committee
are to advise and make recommendations
to town meeting on the budget and other
areas of finance. "Other areas of finance, would that be like debt and long range planning for capital items?"
In addition to its research and advisory role at town meeting, the committee can play a
vital role in the financial planning of the town. In some communities, the finance
committee develops long-range revenue and expenditure forecasts, which are very useful
in scheduling large capital acquisitions and identifying major changes in the operating
budget of the town.
What a concept, the finance committee or advisory committee looking at and being involved in financial planning and long range, as in future finance of the town and changes in the operation of the town that affects future financial (money from your taxes) changes, such as elimination of department heads and mergers, such as a police chief being in charge of the fire department. Perhaps some selectmen should read this booklet, it is free, well, it has already been paid for by you through your state tax payments so you do not have to pay for it again through your property tax dollars.

posted by jeff Bennett

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:14 PM

    Jeff why is it that DHB can comment on your site and you can not do the same on her FB site. It would seem that she does not like any views other than her own.. Signs of a bad leader. A good leader is willing to listen to all views and have discussions on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't posted from my PERSONAL page yet. I was taken to the ER the other night when I couldn't breathe. I have been ill and still trying to keep up for over a month now. I will be doing that soon. And you won't comment there as you wouid have to put your name. I am happy to have a conversation with Me Bennett and I have not disrespected him in my opinion. I don't call people names. Bad leader. That's interesting. Only me? Look a little more closely and listen. You'll find some interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:33 AM

    Does this mean that you will let JEFF post on your facebook or is that another lie. I am sure he will be happy to put his name on any post he puts on your facebook but you don't want that do you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is free to post on my Diane Haley Brooks, Selectwoman page. NOT my personal page. Get to know the difference please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:16 PM

    You are posting on his personal page why can't he post on your personal FB page too afraid your peeps will find the out the truth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:08 PM

    It is very doubtful that dhb will ever post to Jeff's fb page because then her friends will know of Jeff's page and all the good info about municipal government, especially in regards to the finance committee. She is trying to control information to her sycophants, why else would she only post to her personal page about town issues that invoke conversation while leaving her selectmen page nearly empty of any conversation. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Find out what truth? I am posting on a blog AND I sign my name. I don't have a selectman blog. I will be sure to later today or tonight copy and paste my posts to my selectwoman page.

    I will be sure to copy and paste a link to this blogpost to ensure everyone comes here to read as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How long will it take the Police Chief to say he cannot do both jobs ? Does anyone really think he would or could do both jobs ? And for "no money"? Think again ? When this poor plan goes bust, what will it cost us to put all of the pieces together again ? What happens when the guys on the Fire Department get sick of being jerked around ? What happens if you need them and no one comes ? Think about what this guy Carter has done and where he will be when the sh-- his the fan. Long gone !!!

      Delete