Saturday, July 9, 2016

A Face Book stalker - Really?

Diane Haley Brooks posted on her  Face Book page that her face book stalker is alive and well. Copying her face book posts and pasting them to a blog. That could be me, but what is Face Book? I went to the internet to Face Book to see what I would find.

Face Book is a popular free social networking website that allows registered users to create profiles, upload photos and video, send messages and keep in touch with friends, family and colleagues.

So, Face Book is a net work where anyone who has a face book account can see what anyone puts out there and can copy and post it anywhere else. I guess if you do not wish to have everyone to see how you feel, do not put it on the internet. I do not believe the internet is a private entity where you have any expectation of privacy. Besides, as an elected official, is it relevant and important for people to know how you think and how you feel about things? Is is important for voters to know your opinion (s)?  If you are going to say and do one thing in public and say and do another in private, do not post to face book. Perhaps Diane Haley Brooks should feel flattered that someone thinks so much of what she writes that they copy it to post it in other places so as many people as possible get to read it. I tend to follow or check out many face book pages and blogs to try and see what my elected officials are up to and what they have to say. I have to wonder if selectmen Diane Haley Brooks has a problem with one of her "friends and neighbors" wishing to see what she has to say, since she is elected and is suppose to look out for the whole town. So she wishes to refer to me as her face book stalker and I say to her, I am just trying to be informed. Again, if someone does not wish their thoughts, ideas and other things to be out there, do not post to the internet.

posted by Jeff Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment