Thursday, April 14, 2016

Latest email to Advisory Board:

All -
I am sending the most recent update of the budget.  A department head was looking at the budget today via the link, and I realized that she was not seeing the latest version.  The link may not be working for you either,  so I am attaching a copy of the most recent update for your meeting tomorrow night.  This update contains the new assessment from Monty Tech and our health insurance premium for next year.
The budget has been updated for the changes at our recent STM.  The wage and salary accounts are correct, although I will need to explain some accounts at our next meeting next week.  
I have added a line item called "reserve for contingencies."  This will cover the estimated amounts we may be required to pay out for accrued benefits for retiring employees.  Also, I have an indication that the Light and Water Department will again cover the cost of street lights and municipal electricity.  
Frankly, there is about $100,000 slack in this budget, in case something happens and we have a need.  
Bob
Robert T. Markel
Interim Town Administrator
Town of Templeton
160 Patriots Road
East Templeton, MA 01438
(978)894-2753

I am taking "slack" to mean there is an extra $100K in the budget, so there is money to pay for say air tanks for the Fire department. Frankly, I would think the money for those items should be in the Ambulance receipts account.

Jeff Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment