Sunday, March 26, 2017

Throwing heat? I don't need the heat. You've been on the Board as well when the $505,000 was found and no one until the last minute, which was you, claimed responsibility. I have brought many things to light. I am not a politician so nothing I post has anything to do with being re-elected. Julie and Cam could win the seats and I would still be in the audience point things out like you do. I have been involved and always will be. It doesn't matter what I say, you have zero patience for me and I'm fine with that. Why don't you throw some heat the on the other board members? Huh, maybe because they don't speak out as much or maybe they do and you find me a convenient target. There's much work to be done and we cannot accomplish it alone. I am not the only RESPONSIBLE one, we all are. I did not know until I read it on the blog that the lawyer reviewed that article. I will swear on a bible and my life about that. We never have seen the background and honestly, I never thought to ask. What about the other selectman?? Again, call them out as well.

First off, Diane, you say you are not a politician but when i go to Dave Smart's blog, Pauly's Templeton watch and click on the link for DHB face Book, i see Diane Haley Brooks, Select woman and over to the right, I see the heading Politician, so now I am wondering which is it?

secondly, are you telling us that you sign off on the warrant for the Town's bills with no reference material, no invoices, no explanation for total charges? Is that what you mean? Do you mean that you signed off on a legal bill without seeing the explanation of the charges? If that is so, that explains a lot of things. Again, I am asking do you sign off on bills without seeing documentation? i ask because that is what I get from your above comment. I hope you selectmen are not simply signing off on a paper with a list of departments and totals next to them!

Third; I remember sitting at a meeting of the Board of selectmen where you stated very plainly that when you look at the warrant, you read it and check on things, you ask questions, so my take from that statement was/is that you and all the other selectmen see the invoices and the back up material to justify or explain the charges. So now I have to ask myself, which statement do I trust. I believe it is time for me to pull a page out of my fathers playbook.

lastly, you may have missed it or had selective reading glasses on, but i have called out other selectmen here before, specifically John Columbus and one thing that stands out was when he was chairman, he stated it was a requirement of law that the director of building and grounds of NRHS district to be appointed to the school building committee. From the pages of MSBA and code of Massachusetts regulations, that is a false statement and you can check on that too.

You posted that "there is no money hidden on my watch" yet there is an email from Bob markel to advisory and all selectmen stating that there "is 10K buried in the selectmen's budget in case we need it." THE SELECTMEN'S BUDGET, 
 You state I have no patience for you but i believe i sent you an email of condolence for a family loss and another wishing you well when you were out sick and i did say i appreciated the emails being forwarded concerning school project funding or accounting of, but I still remember the dispatch thing and how you used that as a campaign slogan, which kind of says to me that you are a politician regardless of what you say. I also remember you making the motion to take no action on article 8 of the special town meeting, thus ending any debate or questions on the article. So much for democracy. 
See, I am taking Dave Smart's advice, i am not sitting down and shutting up. Speaking of Dave, you and the rest of the selectmen will be receiving a letter concerning him shortly, as i believe he could be putting the town at risk legally by his rants and since he is an actual town employee whom you and other selectmen oversee, as in you approve hiring, approve labor contracts and sign off on payroll and since selectmen are responsible for Town legal affairs, well you will see it all.

posted by Jeff Bennett

1 comment:

  1. You have no patience for me on the BOS, I didn't say personally. Stop twisting all my words to suit you. I don't want you to shut up and I didn't say that. I said stop arguing with Dave as it's just making you and he less credible. The information may be correct, but still. Of course we get INVOICES and I DO look at them. I said I didn't think to ask for the detail. Sheesh. I also said that email was just before the meeting and I didn't see it. We were supposed to come a bit early and I was barely on time. Sorry, the email on my phone wasn't working for awhile and I finally got that fixed.

    My campaign slogan is "Committed to Community". I support the dispatch along with all public safety and every other department and the school ... I'm not changing my stance on that.

    I don't read every single blog, but you are correct and I am wrong you pointed out John Columbus. I take what each board member says and help to make my decisions. I see that you pointed that selection about building and grounds many times. It's not the law, but it's a great idea to have that position on there as they are an integral part of maintaining the building and giving advice on materials used etc.

    ReplyDelete