Saturday, October 22, 2016

Where does it come from?

Actually, I do talk to people and people talk to me. I see town employees, including department heads, other boards and committees, people at town meeting. Then there are the groups such as the friends of the Templeton elders. I speak with some people at MacDonalds in the morning when I stop for a coffee. Surprising the number of "seniors" who gather there to talk. Information is all around us and while it may not all be on paper, so to speak, sometimes it is very interesting and worth tossing out there. I had heard the closing of the senior center before town meeting on October 20, but waited until after the meeting. If the article to take money out of stabilization had passed, there would be no need to close the senior center or anything else. All one has to do is think about it for a minute, unless the selectmen suddenly "find" some more money, how will they come up with $87,500.00?

By the way, I hope people do not fret or spend too much time wondering where somethings come from or begin. The information is all around us, all you have to do is listen.


posted by Jeff Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment