Monday, September 19, 2016

So the Town is looking at ways to make a BAN (bond anticipation note) or short term borrowing, for the school. This is added cost for such projects and folks such as selectmen Brooks can say what they wish, but the fact is, there was much misinformation or left out information just to get a yes school vote, in my opinion. There is also an issue with the Templeton library selling timber without following correct process. This has come about by the effort of one Town resident in particular. This is someone who serves on an appointed board or committee, criticizing the Town, which could be taken as violating the current draft social media policy. I believe people should look at the Bill of Rights and then look into the state entity of MCAD. There are things such as whistle blower and retaliation that are protected items of "behavior" Of course, unless MCAD is retaliating against you for firing someone, then they hit you back.

The library logging item is perhaps the latest and best example of a Town that is still to compartmentalized and not really operating as one entity, because in my opinion, there is still to much "empire" building.


posted by Jeff Bennett

3 comments:

  1. Do you mean to suggest that residents may not have voted for the new school if they knew there was a small 1 million dollar deficit for FY 13?

    As for the using the same auditors that helped perpetuate this mess , as well as the same DOR rep overseeing the mess , and expecting different results?

    Some of the those sessions with the auditors were recorded. I remember some consternation when I asked about the betterment accounts. So here we are back to square one. Welcome to ground hog day!

    What is this Bill of Rights of which you speak ? That document still in effect?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The land I live on once belonged to my grandmother's brother Bill Weir. He left it to his son Warren Weir. Warren went to war during WW2, and never made it home. If he had come home, I don't think I would be living on this piece of land. Who knows what would have been, but I know Warren did not die so our liberties' could be run down by anyone, no less our own BOS. Lesson one, don't ever, ever lie to me ! I do not like that. I will always work for the people in my Town ! That is my right !! So I hope everyone understands. Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What has the Board of Selectman lied to you about Bev? The information that was provided at the time the school was put to ballot was the information ALL of us had, not just Selectwoman Brooks. I went to many meetings. I asked a lot of questions. I asked for as much information as possible to be put out to the residents. Dr. Hemman, Former TA Markel and the OPM, design team etc. gave information. The BOS supported that. We didn't lie.

    I work for the people of my community as do all of you. Just because we don't agree doesn't mean we don't care.

    ReplyDelete